Baby Updates from Jen

For more Hunter family blogs, visit Jen's blog at "Our Happy Nest."

June 23, 2008

What is it about Walt?



Lots of friends have been amused and curious about my love of Disney. And it runs deep. I'm a stockholder (okay, I own a SINGLE share, but I do own stock), I make frequent trips to the parks, and even lived in Orlando for a short while to be close to the Walt Disney World Resort.

But my love of the Mouse has it's limits... there's a lot of stuff out there with the Disney "brand" on it that isn't worth even noticing. I'm appaled by the cheesy Disney animated sequels that can be found crammed into bins at your local Wal-Mart and the hawking of Princess stuff at every Disney Store in the nation.

My interest has always been in Disney as a "name", not a "brand". The name of a man whose films, TV shows and parks that were (and are) hallmarks of quality.

I simply love the works of art created by Walt Disney and his staff of artists so many years ago. The films, the parks that he developed and inspired. And I even enjoy the QUALITY films and parks the Disney artists have created in the years since his death (and yes, that includes Pixar, which is run more like Walt's studio than the Disney Company is currently operated).

Earlier this year, on a blog that I frequent, Honor Hunter (no relation) put into words the way that I and thousands of others have been enamored by a simple guy from the midwest who, quite simply, did the impossible.

Here's the link to the article:
Blue Sky Disney: Progressland article

-chad

No comments: