Baby Updates from Jen

For more Hunter family blogs, visit Jen's blog at "Our Happy Nest."

July 11, 2008

My Favorite Places in Nashville : Xoconochco

(Well, technically, it's in Franklin, not in Nashville)

This is the first of many blogs where I tell you about the places in and around Nashville that Me and Jen have grown to love since we met.

Jen and I discovered this special place while we were dating. It was our little secret for awhile, but we couldn't keep it a secret for too long. Xoconochco (pronounced sho-ko-noch-ko) is a chocolateria in the heart of Franklin. Okay, I don't know if the word "chocolateria" is a real word, but I'm running with it. The owner, Julie, makes some of the most delicious gourmet chocolates I've ever tasted. Not that I'm a foodie or anything, but if you're the least bit adventurous, it's a wonderful place to have dessert after a fine meal. It's the kind of gourmet experience that makes going into a Godiva afterwards seem pedestrian.

They have a wide assortment of truffles and chocolates. My favorites are as follows:

Basil Peanut Butter Truffle - unique in flavor, texture and execution, every bite is to be savored.
Vanilla Caramel Apple - the combination of flavors is both new and familiar at the same time. Wonderful.
The "Opus" - don't know what a "walnut gonache" is, but that must mean "really good." And it has real gold leaf on top!
• The "Chai" - white chocolate with green tea and chai spices. Very unique.
The European Hot Chocolate - pretty much molten chocolate in a cup, with various flavored whipped toppings. Amazing!

It's not inexpensive... each piece of candy can cost $2-3, but you pay for the artistry and craft that goes into each one of these hand-painted treasures. Jen and I have yet to try the fondue, but I think that it's only a matter of time. If you're in Nashville, its' worth the trip to Franklin!

Here's the link to the store's website:
Xoconochco website








View Larger Map

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I have been told about this by a friend, but have yet to check it out. As a chocolate lover, I will be visiting this place next time I'm down in Franklin.