Baby Updates from Jen

For more Hunter family blogs, visit Jen's blog at "Our Happy Nest."

September 16, 2008

Cancun Trip Report, Day 6: "Back to the Real World..."

Tuesday:

We got up the following morning and packed our belongings (okay, for those of you who know me, I was 90% packed the night before, but I'm just crazy like that). We made our way down to the front, squared away the bill and said our goodbyes to the Le Meridien Resort (for now... we'll be back, I bet). We took a taxi and did something I had been dying to do the whole trip. I REFUSED TO TIP the skycap at the airport, totally refusing service from him. Sorry, but it felt good to not feel pressured into something like that for once on our trip. We checked our luggage, bought some souveniers in the duty-free shop and had a wait ahead of us for the flight. We decided we had enough Mexican food and opted to have Johnny Rocket's for lunch. We both had burgers and fries and I have to admit, it was nice to have a taste of something from back home. Shortly after that it was time to hop on the plane and make it back to the USA.

The trip back was quiet. We saw "Made of Honor" again on the flight, since the VCR seemed to be crazy and chewed up the other movie. All our luggage made it back just fine through customs. Tara picked us up from the airport and was nice enough to bring us some beverages (thanks again, Tara).

We were shocked to see that one of the buildings in our apartment complex had caught fire while we were gone (fortunately, no one was hurt).

If you made it this far, thanks for reading the trip report. I highly recommend a trip to Mexico if you get a chance. Do your research beforehand as there's a LOT of ways you can get ripped off, but there's a lot of ways you can have a pretty stress-free trip. If you find yourself down there, let me know and I'd love to hear about your trip. I want as much information as I can get before the next time I visit so we can try some new and exciting things.

-chad

No comments: